Saturday, July 21, 2012

Opportunities abound


Project is down to the last week and a half of work; it is so crazy to think about! These last couple of weeks have been so awesome and I believe we have finally been able to make an eternal impact on people here at Walt Disney World. The last few weeks we have developed some great friendships with some of our coworkers. We have had the opportunity to hang out with them a few times and we have gotten the chance to share the gospel with a few of them.
For me personally, the coolest story of my summer as far as sharing the gospel with someone happened this last week. There are a lot of Brazilian tour groups that come to Disney World and so Disney hires what they call "Brazilian Supergreeters." I had one of them, Gustavo, who just came up to me while I was working PAC a couple of weeks ago, and we just really got to talking the whole time we were working. He gave me his contact info and then we got to talking on Facebook, and I saw him everyday for a few and he kept asking me when we had a day off so that we could hang out. Unfortunately we have not had one until today since two Sundays ago, but we had one day where we got off "early" aka 9pm, so we decided that we could hang out that evening at Downtown Disney. I brought along one of the women that is in my carpool group, and he brought a girl that had just started working at Disney earlier that week. After we finally figured out a place that would serve us, we ended up in the Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant. We ordered food and then started talking just about our lives. I had been praying for the opportunity to share the gospel with him, because it has really been on my mind to just get as many people exposed to it as possible. I just was asking him about his life and what he believed. He is gay and says that he just wants to find happiness in life. He used to be catholic, but now chooses to believe in different parts of different religions that he agrees with. Just by asking him a lot of questions and then getting the chance to respond for myself, I was able to share the gospel with him. I talked about how Jesus came to earth to pay the price for our sins and how he died in our place so that we could live with God forever and how God give grace to us all for the things that we have done. After our conversation about all sorts of things like purpose for life, love, and much more, he thanked me for the conversation and I thanked him for it as well. The girls had been talking, while we were outside because Gustavo wanted to smoke, and she mentioned that they couldn't believe that I was so friendly and kind to him even though I was not gay and was a Christian. This was one of the best compliments I have ever received, because it is only through God that I could be showing someone God's love like that when so many other people don't seem to care. I am still talking to him almost every day and I am just praying that God will work in his heart. Now is the time where I have to let the Holy Spirit work while continuing to show him God's love.
There have been many other good times and spiritual conversations in these last few weeks, and I am just trying to use my time as best I can while I am here for the last few weeks of project. That is part of why I haven't been able to keep this updated as much as I would like to, but I know that God has been working in a lot of situations this summer with all of the people here on summer project at Walt Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment