Friday, June 1, 2012

Casting Day at Disney

Yesterday was the casting day for our jobs at Disney World. We also had some other things scheduled for activities for our Cru group.
I started off the day with a meeting to discuss the financial support for the summer that we needed to have. After we met, I talked with my mom on the phone, as my parents were headed to the airport on their way to their trip to Europe for their 25th wedding anniversary celebration, and she let me know that my grandpa had donated the rest of the amount that I needed to have for the summer, so I should be funded at least for the general amount I need for this mission trip.
Then I had a few hours to kill before I got to go into the casting center for Disney to sign paperwork and get everything straightened out for that, and also get assigned to where I will be working at Disney. So while I waited for my time to arrive, I made good use of it and prepared some of the paperwork and information about myself for project and getting to know others. I was able to get these done and then dressed for the casting appointment in clothes completely not my own except my underwear, socks and shoes. I had to borrow nicer clothing from my condo-mates since my nice clothes are still in the mail somewhere between here and Lincoln, NE. I came straight down here to Florida for project after spending 3ish weeks in Italy, so I did not have any nicer clothes with me that I took to Italy, so I had pants that were too small, a shirt that was too big, and my attempt at tying a tie not my own. The pants were too short and they kind of flared out at the bottom, so they just made me look a little bit ridiculous, but it was all good and it worked. We headed over the the casting place and got all the paperwork filled out and signed... And I am pleased to say that I will be working in attractions department somewhere in Disney! They have not specified where exactly I will be working or which ride I will be working with, but I do now finally know basically what I will be doing.
After we had finished that, we had a scheduled time of soul-to-soul time with our discipleship groups, and we ended up going a little late, so by the time we were done, it was time for bed. Soul-to-soul, if you can't guess, is just each of us telling our own story of our life, who we are, how we got here, and what we are like now in total confidentiality so that everyone can feel better about being completely open and honest. Since we have such a short time here, 10~ weeks, to get to know each other, it is a great way to really get down deep and see where the others in our group are coming from. It is also good to think and evaluate your own situation and where you are, so I was thankful to get to do this with an awesome group of guys. It is hard for me to look back on some of the painful experiences that I have had, but it just brings me more amazement at how much God has worked in my life and changed me into who I am today. There is always room for improvement, but it is great to see God's work in my broken life.

No comments:

Post a Comment