Saturday, June 16, 2012

Finally some time off work...

So the time has finally come when I have actually had some time off of work to just rest and get my bearings back... It hasn't exactly been time completely off from doing things, but it still has been pretty good. On Wednesday, we got the opportunity to go to Cocoa Beach as a project and attempt to get into spiritual conversations and then we went surfing, this time for real! (Photo cred to Trinity)
It was a blast and had a few good rides on the waves, but I got decently beat up with some good bruises, scrapes, and pains.
I got to have some time to clean up and serve other people here on project; I spent a few hours on Thursday fixing one of girl's condo's vacuum cleaners and cleaning up our condo. I also had the opportunity to go to a couple of the parks here at Disney finally. On Friday, I got to go to Animal Kingdom and then on Saturday evening I got to go to Hollywood Studios to see Fantasmic. I hope that I will have some other time off so that I can actually get to see everything here in Disney, because even though I work here, I haven't even been to most of it personally. I am constantly answering questions about how to get to this park or that park when I do exits, and I have been told what to tell guests on how to get there, so I have no personal experience at it, so I could be lying to them and not even know it...so I hope to get to know how to navigate around a little bit more.
I haven't had very much time at all to be by myself in quite some time now since I was in Italy for 3 weeks before this and did not get any time while we were there. I am pretty balanced as far as being introverted and extroverted, so having alone time is quite necessary for me sometimes, and the only time that I have had on project was for devotionals, which is only for a half an hour or so and there are still people around, so it really isn't alone time for me. I was finally able to get a little bit of that on Saturday, and it was long overdue. On Friday when we went to Animal Kingdom, about halfway through our time there, I had my introvertedness really kick in and just wanted to be by myself and couldn't stand to be around all the people there. I just wanted to go into shutdown mode, so it was quite difficult to stay around for the rest of the time we were there. Balance is one of the things that is really hard to have while on summer project: getting enough time to be by myself, time with God, time with people, and time at work. This is something that I could really use prayer for.
On Saturday after taking most of the day for myself, I made some of my awesome scratch banana pancakes and invited other people to come over and have some, so this was really good, cause I was ready for some friendship again after having some me-time. Everyone seemed to really enjoy them, even though I now realize that I forgot one ingredient that would have made it way easier to fry (that is what happens when you try to make sometime from memory), so next time they will be even better. Tomorrow, actually today technically, we go back to work after church, so we will get more opportunities to build relationships with our coworkers, and I can't wait to get back at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment