Wednesday, June 6, 2012

It all started with a mouse...


Yesterday was a big day for us here on the Walt Disney World Summer Project; we attended Disney Traditions today at Disney University. It is the first "class" that you take when you start at Disney before you become a cast member. It told us a lot about the company, values of the company, and how we are to act while working at Disney. It was a long day from 8am to 4pm sitting there in the same room with small breaks to go observe Magic Kingdom, the cast, and the park design for safety ect., and a lunch break. I'm not sure that I can really say anything more than this about it, but it was a lot of basic info that you get before you start any job.
I did learn about what I would be doing while at Disney: Main Street Daily Operations. You may wonder exactly what that means, and you are not alone in this. I would also like to know exactly what I am doing, but the group of 4 of us assigned to it haven't been told yet what it is. We were able to talk to some other cast members later on in the day who said that it could be like setting up and parade control along with guest interactions, so I am still not sure exactly what it will all entail, but I think that it will be fun whatever I really get to do.
After we were done with our day at Disney University, we changed and headed immediately to go see Magic Kingdom. We had a little trouble with this since our cards weren't actually activated yet, but we finally got it figured out. Then we got to just have a ton of fun around the park riding a few rides, observing how things go on in the Magic Kingdom, and getting to know some of my other Cru project people better. It was one of the most enjoyable times I have ever had in a theme park because I was able to really get to know some people a ton better and we were not just rushing through to get to do everything. We enjoyed talking to other people we were standing next to in line as well. Then the last thing we did in the park was watch the parade, projection show on the castle, and fireworks. The projection on the castle and fireworks were two of the coolest things that I have ever seen. The castle would transform from one type of castle to a completely different one, and I am kind of a castle fanatic. I used to fill up notebooks with drawings of castles, create Lego castles, and play a 3d castle creator game on my computer when I was younger, so this was super cool to see. Then a car of us guys went to Pizza Hut afterwards and just discussed some things about the project and some of the concerns we have. It was just a great time to talk about it and really figure out that we all have similar concerns and we are all in this project together. I am super excited to do some great things this summer and hope God can be brought into Disney World through us!

No comments:

Post a Comment